These are just the minimum supported versions. We recommend keeping all of your software and operating systems up-to-date.
- Moodle upgrade: Moodle 3.6 or later
- PHP version: minimum PHP 7.3.0 Note: minimum PHP version has increased since Moodle 3.10. PHP 7.4.x and 8.0.x are supported too. See PHP for details.
- PHP extension sodium is recommended. It will be required in Moodle 4.2. For further details, see Environment - PHP extension sodium.
- PHP extension exif is recommended.
- PHP setting max_input_vars is recommended to be >= 5000 for PHP 7.x installations. It's a requirement for PHP 8.x installations. For further details, see Environment - max input vars.
Moodle supports the following database servers. Again, version numbers are just the minimum supported version. We recommend running the latest stable version of any software.
|PostgreSQL||10 (increased since Moodle 3.11)||Latest|
|Microsoft SQL Server||2017 (increased since Moodle 3.10)||Latest|
Last modified: Thursday, 1 December 2022, 3:45 PM